Why PADI Night Diver?
When you go night diving you'll see a whole new world. All dive sites take on a new personality at night, as many underwater creatures and plant life (different from those you see during the day) are active at night. Even our Tobermory wrecks take on a different character after dark.
What do I need to start?
• PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
• Minimum age: 12 years old
What will I do?
You'll learn night dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and potential problems. You'll also learn how to control your buoyancy, navigate and communicate at night. Since many of the plants and animals you'll see are different, you'll also get an introduction to nocturnal aquatic life.
How long will it take?
• Recommended Course Hours: 12
• Minimum Open Water Training: three dives over one or two days
What will I need?
• PADI Night Diver Manual
• Underwater Flashlights (available at Divers Den)
Where can I go from here?
Your Night dive from your Advanced Course may count towards the Night Diver Specialty course at instructor discretion. In addition, the Night Diver Specialty course counts as one of five Specialty courses required for your Master Scuba Diver certification.
Jump in and earn your next certification:
• Enroll in a Night Diver course at Divers Den
• Browse the PADI Course Catalog for courses that will improve your experiences at night such as Peak Performance Buoyancy and Underwater Navigation.
• Check out the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
• All instruction
• All course materials
• Certification card
• Three open water dives
• Air fills
Course Cost: $299 + hst
*Rental Equipment is not included but available for a discounted student rate. Students will also have to purchase a Tank Light (reusable) and either purchase or rent flashlights.
FITNESS FOR DIVING
SCUBA diving is a physical activity and can be strenuous at times. In order to participate, a person must maintain a reasonable level of health and fitness. Certain medical issues must be considered. This is the basis for the PADI Medical Statement. We have provided the form below so that you may read it, print it, and if necessary, have your physician sign it before you begin your training at Divers Den.