PADI Deep Diver
Why PADI Deep Diver?
The Deep Diver Specialty course offers you the opportunity of a lifetime - going deep to see things others can only dream about.
What do I need to start?
• PADI Advanced or Adventure Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
• Minimum age: 15 years old
What will I do?
• You'll learn deep dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and hazards. You'll also put this knowledge to the test as you go on four open water dives that range from 18 - 40 metres / 60 - 130 feet.
How long will it take?
• Minimum Open Water Training: four dives over two days
What will I need?
• PADI Deep Diver manual
What scuba gear will you use?
• You’ll need a dive computer along with the rest of your basic scuba equipment. A dive light and slate are also recommended. Your PADI Instructor or local dive center staff may suggest other gear appropriate for local deep diving.
Where can I go from here?
You can count the Deep Dive from your Advanced Open Water Course as the first dive of the Specialty course at instructor discretion. This Specialty course certification also counts as one of five Specialty certifications required for Master Scuba Diver certification.
Dive deeper and earn your next certification:
• Enroll in a Deep Diver course at Divers Den.
• Browse the PADI Course Catalog for related specialty diver course, such as Wreck Diver, Multilevel Diver or Drift Diver.
• Check out the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
• All instruction
• All course materials
• Certification card
• Four open water dives
• Air fills
Course Cost: $475 + hst
*Rental Equipment is not included but available for a discounted student rate
SCUBA diving is a physical activity and can be strenuous at times. In order to participate, a person must maintain a reasonable level of health and fitness. Certain medical issues must be considered. This is the basis for the PADI Medical Statement. We have provided the form below so that you may read it, print it, and if necessary, have your physician sign it before you begin your training at Divers Den.