PADI Underwater Navigator
Why PADI Underwater Navigator?
When you're underwater, knowing where you are and where you're going comes in handy, especially if you're looking for that beautiful reef or exploring that new wreck. The PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course will help you become a pro at finding your way underwater.
What do I need to start?
• PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
• Minimum age: 10 years old
What will I do?
You’ll learn the tools of the trade, including navigation using natural clues and by following compass headings. During three scuba dives, you’ll practice:
• Methods to estimate distance underwater.
• Compass navigation while making at least five turns.
• Marking or relocating a submerged object or position from the surface.
• Underwater map making.
How long will it take?
• Recommended Course Hours: 12
• Minimum Open Water Training: three dives in one day
What will I need?
• PADI Underwater Navigator Manual
Where can I go from here?
Your Navigation dive from your Advanced course may count toward your Specialty course at instructor discretion. This Specialty also counts toward your Master Scuba Diver certification.
Head in the right direction and earn your next certification:
• Enroll in an Underwater Navigator course at your PADI Dive Center or Resort.
• Browse the PADI Course Catalog.
• Check out the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
• All instruction
• All course materials
• Certification card
• Three open water dives
• Air fills
FITNESS FOR DIVING